The urban center repository of History opened in 2003 in a very tall building next to NHK urban center and simply across the road from urban center Castle. The building offers glorious views of the castle from its high floors.
The repository exhibits square measure visually headed with many giant models. They chronicle the city’s history, starting in history once urban center served as Japan’s 1st capital and web site of the Naniwa Palace and ending with exhibits on the city’s active looking arcades of the first Showa amount.
The museum’s assortment is ready au fait the higher floors of the building whereas the lower floors square measure occupied by a eating place, look and spacious lobby. repository guests 1st take the elevator to the highest floor then follow the exhibition route down.
The area around urban center Castle could be a sensible place to start out for museums in urban center.
Osaka repository of History is housed in a very modern multi-storey tower, adjacent to the urban center NHK Broadcast Center. There square measure nice views of urban center Castle and therefore the town below from the highest floors of the repository, well worth the worth of admission alone.
Osaka repository of History opened in 2001 and is devoted to the history of urban center from ancient to contemporary world. The urban center repository of History could be a short walk from Exit nine of Tanimachi 4-Chome Station on the Tanimachi and Chuo lines of the urban center subway and shut to the Remains of Naniwa-no-miya Palace. Hours: 9.30am-5pm (Fridays nine.30am-8pm), closed Tuesday. Admission: Adults 600 yen; students four hundred yen.
Peace urban center (aka urban center International Peace Center has exhibits description the consequences of war II on town – together with a replica of a 1-ton America bomb.
Peace urban center additionally has exhibits, pictures and materials about the war in China and Okinawa. Access to Peace urban center is from Morinomiya Station on the son urban center Loop Line (Kanjosen) or Morinomiya depot. Closed Mon. Admission: Adults 250 yen.
North west of urban center-jo Koen across the Okawa stream is that the Mint repository of the Osaka Mint Bureau (Zoheikyoku). The urban center Mint opened in 1871 and encompasses a repository with an oversized assortment of Japanese coins and medals. it’s additionally doable to ascertain one thing of contemporary production ways on a tour of the mint with AN advance.
Both the tour and therefore the repository square measure open Mon through Friday and admission is free. The grounds of the Mint on the stream square measure opened to the general public for a brief amount in spring thus guests will fancy over a hundred forms of cherry trees fully bloom. Access to the urban center Mint is from Tenmabashi station on the Tanimachi subway line or Keihan line, or from Minamimorimachi station on the Tanimachi or Sakaisuji subway lines.
Across the stream from the Mint repository is that the Sempukan, the oldest western-style building in urban center. The Sempukan dates from 1870 and was designed in colonial-style by a people creator Tom Waters (1842-1898) as a guest house for the Japan Mint, that was additionally his style.
The building had western vogue bathrooms complete with running water and therefore the Emperor Meiji stayed here on a visit to town in 1872. The Sempukan is undergoing renovation and is presently closed to the general public. Waters went on to style the far-famed Bricktown within the Ginza district of capital of Japan, among numerous commissions in Japan. Behind the Sempukan is that the Original exterior door of the previous National Mint mill, that is employed as a background for wedding photos by the near Kyusakuranomiya Kokaido wedding chapel.